Interested in learning the basics of kendo? The Steveston Kendo Club is holding a special Introduction to Kendo class for curious students just like you.
From this course, you’ll learn:
- The basics of kendo etiquette
- The origins of kendo and kendo history
- How to hold a shinai (a bamboo sword)
- How to move your feet, kendo style
- How to strike a blow with your shinai
This course will be taught by world-class kendo instructors and practicitioners. Our instructors have been members of Canada’s national kendo team and have competed and trained with some of the very best kendo practitioners in the world. This course will be taught at the Steveston Martial Arts Centre adjacent to the Steveston Community Centre.
Class held on Monday and Fridays on the following dates:
- July 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28. 31
- Aug 4, 11, 14, 18
$110: includes the cost of a shinai (a bamboo sword)